Now add your comments in my Blog Site
Is Quran the Word of God? Part 4
2 Tim 3:16-17, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Before we explore whether Quran was given by Holy Spirit or not let us find out who Holy Spirit is. The whole Bible tells us that Holy Spirit is none other than the Spirit of God.
Holy Spirit has all the qualities of God for example:
Holy Spirit gives life - as we read in Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
Holy Spirit is Spirit of Truth(God) - John 14:17, "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."
Holy Spirit is resurrection - Rom 8:11, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."
Grieving Holy Spirit is sin and Holy Spirit dwells in those who walk in the ways of God as we read in Isa 63:10-11, "But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them. Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people, saying: "Where is He who brought them up out of the sea With the shepherd of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within them."
But Quran has confused so much regarding Holy Spirit. Quran says that Holy Spirit is called angel Gabriel and Muhammad. Let us look why angel Gabriel and Muhammad could not be Holy Spirit.
Angel Gabriel cannot be Holy Spirit:
1. Angels are creation of God but Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God whom God never created. Bible tells us that Holy Spirit is life giving. Not only the Bible but Quran also tells us that Holy Spirit breathed in the nostril of Adam and he became a living creature. But angel Gabriel is only an angel and he is not God. Angels do not have the power to create or give life to anybody. God alone can give us life.
God cannot be brought low to the level of angels or God's creation. It is blasphemy to say that angels are God or Holy Spirit.
2. When God breathed in the nostril of Adam and when he became a living creature, does it mean that God breathed angel Gabriel in Adam's nostril? I do not think so. Bible tells us that Holy Spirit came and dwelt in the lives of prophets and those who walked in the ways of God. They got filled with the Holy Spirit or Spirit of God. We do not read in the Bible as if God filled people with angel Gabriel.
3. Angels have limited power but God has unlimited power. Holy Spirit has all power as the Bible tells us that Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead, (Romans 8:11). Angels do not have power over life and death but God has.
Muhammad cannot be Holy Spirit:
1. Bible tells us that Spirit of God is the creator as we read in Job 33:4, "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Spirit of God has made us but we all know that Muhammad was just a human being. Muhammad cannot create anybody.
2. Jesus said in John 14:17, "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."
In this verse Jesus clearly spoke that Spirit of Truth is invisible and that the world does not know Him. Muhammad was visible to people and Muhammad was not with Jesus or His disciples and Muhammad did not live in them after the ascension of Jesus.
Holy Spirit lived in and with the people not only in New Testament times but also in the days of Old Testament. Joseph, Moses, David, Saul, Samson, Daniel and all the prophets were filled with Holy Spirit. Dan 4:8 tells us that Daniel had the Spirit of the Holy God in him. When David sinned against God he prayed in Psa 51:11, "Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me." When Saul sinned against God, God's spirit left him as we read in 1 Sam 16:14, "Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul."
So we can understand that Muhammad is not Holy Spirit or Spirit of God.
3. Holy Spirit is the living water Himself as we read in John 7:37-39, "On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
In Old Testament we read that God is the Living Water in Jer 2:13, "For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns; broken cisterns that can hold no water." And in Jer 17:13, "O LORD, the hope of Israel, All who forsake You shall be ashamed. "Those who depart from Me Shall be written in the earth, Because they have forsaken the LORD, The fountain of living waters."
Jesus was ofering Living Water to the woman whom He met on the well in John 4th chapter. John 4:10 Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
God, Jesus and Holy Spirit all are mentioned as Living Water. But Mohammad was a mere man, he wasn't Holy Spirit.
4. Jesus said in John 14:26, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."
God the father never sent Muhammad as he denied the fatherhood of God. Jesus called God, Father and Jesus told His disciples, "when Holy Spirit will come, He will bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." But Muhammad's teachings were entirely different from the message of Jesus. Jesus also said in John 16:13-14, "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you."
Muhammad never glorified Jesus but tried to distort the message of Jesus, the work of Jesus on the cruel cross and His shed blood for mankind for the remission of sin. So of course Muhammad was not Holy Spirit.
All these things prove that angel Gabriel and Muhammad have no qualities of God or Holy Spirit and they are not Holy Spirit or Spirit of God.